With 2017 almost upon us, Canada Army Run is putting on an event 10, 100 and 150 years in the making.
The Canadian Army welcomes registrations for the biggest military event of the year, featuring something for everyone:
- The return of the Commander’s Challenge (5K + Half Marathon)
- The ALL-NEW 10K
- Canada’s largest 5K
- A half marathon showcasing landmarks, history and support from the Canadian Army
- All distances open to anyone with visible and non-visible injuries and disabilities
- The Juno Challenge kids obstacle course
- FREE race photos by Marathon-Photos.com
- Music, honoured guests and speakers
- Military support from start to finish
This is no ordinary race. People participate for many reasons.
Some are trying to break records or achieve personal bests.
Some come in memory of parents or grandparents who spent their careers in the military, or of loved ones who lost their lives in the line of duty.
Many are honouring sons, daughters, brothers, sisters, or mothers and fathers who are in the military today.
Others come to salute Canada’s injured soldiers who participate in the 5K and half marathon events and demonstrate to all the true spirit of “soldiering on”.
And thousands of others come to simply thank the men and women of the Canadian Armed Forces for all they do at home and abroad.